The Black Sea CONNECT project is looking for passionate, engaged and creative Young Ambassadors that are willing to play an important role in advocating for the Blue Growth in the Black Sea and promote the goals of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA).
The engagement of the Young Ambassadors will enhance the visibility and actions of the Blue Growth Initiative for Research and Innovation in the Black Sea, will increase the countries’ potential, and spread the output of projects and activities related to the Blue Growth Initiative in the region.
Who Can Apply?
Any I) M.Sc., Ph.D. student or post-doc researcher who can demonstrate marine and maritime research, policy relevant science and and/or industry, II) science communicator, III) IV) environmental NGO, V) activist, VI) science diplomat from the Black sea countries (Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine) between the ages of 20-35 years.
Profile of Black Sea Ambassador:
- Curious about the world, and the ocean. Interested in community building, science diplomacy, public engagement, education and training, and youth issues;
- Good communicators, and willing to use their creativity, imagination and communication skills to help promote Blue Growth in the region (via blogs/videos/social media posts/performances and writing articles);
- Fluent English speakers;
- Comfortable with public speaking;
- Able to travel within their country for national SRIA and Initiative training in 2020 (can be virtual or on-site);
- Able to travel to the Black Sea riparian countries for Winter/Summer School 2020;
- Volunteer to work as ambassador until 2022;
- Committed to giving time to this program.
The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of May 2020.
We invite you to read more information here: http://connect2blacksea.org/black-sea-looking-for-young-ambassadors/?fbclid=IwAR3ywgdLZEOuJD9O5GF4QLM5fnNWcjj9RL0wVbB1Lprjxe2qLDE6KeXeZGg .